Download the full PDF report here:Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Google My Business is Now Google Business Profile
According to the latest announcement, Google has renamed “Google My Business” to “Google Business Profile”. The Google My Business app will mostly retire in the coming years.
Benefits of the latest update include:
- To get to your profile, you can search your business name on Google, go to Google Maps app, or search for ‘my business’ on Google Search.
- You can complete the verification, resolve any issues with your profile, and edit your details easily including address, store hours, photos, and more.
- In the coming months, merchants can complete their account setup directly on Google Search and Google Maps.
- You can see whether your profile is visible to the public. If not, the necessary steps will be included.
- Google Search and Google Maps now have additional tools to help you better manage your business profile.
- The changes in-line with this update will soon be evident on Google’s Help Center, Community & Support channels.
- The GMB website will be renamed to Business Profile Manager and will now support larger businesses having multiple profiles.
- Google expects smaller businesses to manage their profiles on Search & Maps.
- Google has shared some new ways to help you connect with your customers easily and increase your business.
After reading the above brief related to the latest update, we recommend you keep a track of the emails & videos from Google or follow Google Business Profile on Twitter so that you can get the best out of your business profile.
Google Finds a Mix of Positive & Negative Reviews More Reliable
On 23rd November, Microsoft Bing announced the launch of a new feature, Page insights. Now users will see a lightbulb icon on the right-hand side of the search results that provides more details about the search result.
So, what does Page Insights do? Microsoft said, “it provides summarized insights from a page on your search results so you can find what you’re looking for faster.”
Here’s how it looks.
Adding more information, the company said:
“Page Insights help you verify that the source is relevant to your needs, helps you get caught up to speed at a glance on top factoids you didn’t know about, and lets you jump straight to the relevant section of the page when you click ‘Read more’ for a specific question.”
If you wish for more details, there is a section to “explore more” that will help you find relevant search results.
But as of now, the feature is only available on desktop search results because of the screen size required to properly display the results.
Download the full PDF report here: